May 30, 2024  
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog 
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Entertainment Technology, Certificate

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study

Program Director: Jane Frazier · Phone: 410-386-8279 · Email:

Students earning a certificate in Entertainment Technology work as audiovisual specialists and event technicians in a variety of presenting venues such as conference centers, hotels, theaters, houses of worship, sports arenas, resorts, and more! Learn how to operate industry-specific technology. The small student-to-faculty ratio (usually 15-1) provides students more opportunities for hands-on learning with quality instruction from industry professionals.

Certificate Requirements

Entertainment Techology Certificate
Recommended Course Sequence: 31 Credits

Program Goals

Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:

  1. Identify types and purposes of audio, lighting, video, and set construction equipment used for live events.
  2. Use industry standard audio, lighting, video, and set construction equipment for live events.     
  3. Apply electrical, lighting, and acoustical theories and designs pertaining to live events.
  4. Engage in technician best practices that support live events through hands-on experience.

Student Notices

View Gainful Employment Disclosure information for this program by visiting

Disclosure Regarding Programs for Professional Licensure or Certification

Some programs at Carroll Community College (CCC) are designed to meet educational requirements for a specific professional licensure or certification that is required for employment in an occupation.

If you are an out-of-state student seeking professional licensure in a state other than Maryland and you are taking a course or program leading to professional licensure or certification, CCC currently does not guarantee that the course or program meets requirements for professional licensure or certification anywhere other than Maryland. We encourage all students, especially out-of-state students, to contact the appropriate state (or District of Columbia or U.S. territory) licensing board or agency where you intend to work to familiarize yourself with the state educational, licensing, and/or certification requirements.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study