Dec 02, 2023  
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog 
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog

International Student Admission

International Citizens

All international citizens are eligible to enroll at Carroll Community College. Here are the steps:

  1. Apply to the college www.carrollcc/applynow
  2. Bring original visa/immigration documentation to the Admissions Office, we will make copies.
  3. Students with no immigration documentation are eligible to attend. Speak with an admissions counselor.

Students who do not provide proof of immigration status at the time of enrollment are eligibility to study, but pay the out-of-state tuition rate. DACA and Dream Act eligible should schedule an appointment with the Senior Director of Enrollment Development for assistance. Call 410-386-8430 or email

Admission of International Students with a Student (F-1) Visa Status

Carroll Community College is authorized to issue an I-20-AB form, which enables a non U.S. citizen to apply for an F1 visa through the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country for the purposes of studying full-time in the U.S. The following items are needed before an I-20-AB Form can be authorized by the College:

  • A completed enrollment application. The deadlines for completion of procedural requirements cited above are June 1 for the fall term and October 1 for the spring term. You may download an enrollment application here
  • The English translated version of high school records. All foreign college-level transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services ( at the student’s expense before the transferability of foreign credits can be determined.
  • An official transcript of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the Admissions Office. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 79 on the internet-based test is required. See for testing information.
  • Official evidence of financial support ($15,000 in a local account) for the coming year. Finances must be in U.S. dollars on bank letterhead.
  • Local sponsorship by an individual in the community. Please complete the following form provided by the Office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
  • A personal interview with either the applicant or the local sponsor who will assume responsibility for the applicant.
  • An F-1 student transferring to Carroll from another institution must also submit a copy of the I-20 and a transcript from the previous institution.
  • An applicant can be considered for admission only after each of the above requirements has been met, as verified by the College’s Office of Admissions. Successful applicants will be given an I-20 AB Form to apply for an F-1 student visa. The College does not make the final decision on visa status. Only the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has the authority to grant or deny F-1 visa status. Students admitted in this way must enroll full-time for a minimum of 12 credits/billable hours each term. Students with an F-1 visa are charged out-of-state tuition rates and can seek work only after approval from the USCIS.

Once the I-20 has been issued, the student should schedule an appointment with the U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for the F1 visa. It is generally required that you schedule appointments well in advance, and the student must have the I-20 form and required documents with them at the time of the appointment or it will have to be re-scheduled.

Students are additionally required to fill out the I-901 form, pay the fee, and obtain a receipt before the appointment with the embassy. This form is available, and payable, online at For more information on the I-901 form and payment, please visit the SEVIS website at

Additional Helpful Information for International Applicants

There is no federal financial aid available to international students desiring to attend the college. Students must provide official documents that give evidence that they have the financial means to support themselves during the academic year. This includes all expenses, including tuition and fees, housing, food, transportation, and other personal expenses.

  • The College does not have any residential facilities. A local sponsor is required for housing.
  • Tuition and fees for an F-1 student total $362.00 per credit. F1 students are required to attend full-time, carrying a minimum of 12 credits per term. The minimum total of tuition and fees for two terms of study would amount to $9,000. This amount does not include books and supplies for courses. The minimum cost is $15,000 to include living expense and supplies.
  • Students pursuing F1 status are eligible for open enrollment programs only, which require a full-time course load (minimum of 12 credit hours) and completion of the program within four semesters. This eliminates eligibility for several competitive admissions programs in the allied health areas, including nursing.

Please contact the Admissions Office: or 410-386-8430, for further assistance.