ACCT 102 - Managerial Accounting
Number of Credits: 3
Examine the difference between manufacturing operations and service organizations/merchandisers. Use costing techniques for each type of operation. Prepare master, operating, financial, and flexible budgets using standard costing. Use accounting information and models to make business decisions. Prerequisite: ACCT-101. Three hours lecture each week. Three credits. Three billable hours.
(Fall Spring and Summer) Three hours lecture. Three Credits. Three billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): ACCT 101 .
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Explain cost concepts, analyzing and classifying costs. (PG1)
2. Prepare financial statements for a manufacturing company. (PG
3. Use job order costing, activity-based costing, and target
4. Describe short-term decisions and capital investment
decisions commonly made by businesses. (PG4)
5. Compute cost/volume/profit relationships using contribution
6. Determine how budgets assist managers in decision making,
using accounting information and models for business decisions.
7. Create a standard and flexible budget. (PG2,5)
8. Use accounting models to define, represent, and solve
mathematical problems. (PG5)
9. Analyze financial transactions. (PG2)
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)