Aug 19, 2022
BUAD 150 - Human Relations
Number of Credits: 3
Explore the interactions that exist between people within business organizations. Examine the relationship between behavior and performance, effective interpersonal and organizational communications, motivation and leadership, organizational group and team dynamics, change management, and personal/career development. Prerequisite: eligibility for ENGL-101. Three hours lecture each week. Three credits. Three billable hours. Offered Fall, Spring and Summer terms. (Fall, Spring and Summer) Three hours lecture. Three Credits. Three billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): Eligibility for ENGL-101
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Describe the development of the study of human relations,
different concepts and theories, and the importance to
individuals and organizations in which they work. (PG4)
2. Analyze the impact of personality, attitudes, organizational
politics, power and ethics on employee performance and
organizational productivity. (PG4)
3. Connect theories of personnel management, motivation, and time
management to their personal skills and career goals.
4. Explain initiating and dealing with organizational changes.
5. Describe group and team dynamics and their effect on
organizational and individual efffectiveness, problem solving and
decision making. (PG4)
6. Develop a creative job search process for themselves,
accounting for common workplace expectations.
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)