CIA 155 - Powerpoint
Number of Credits: 3
Create and modify presentations while using Microsoft PowerPoint software. Manage presentations and slides, insert and format text, shapes, images, tables, charts, SmartArt, 3D Models, and media, prepare presentations for collaboration, and apply transitions and animations. This course prepares students to complete the MOS Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 Associate Certification exam, which is the final exam. Certification is not guaranteed. An additional $80 fee is required. Basic technology skills are recommended. (Formerly offered as OFFC-155; credit will not be awarded for both). (Fall term) Three hours lecture. Three Credits. Three billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): exemption/completion of ENG 001 .
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Manage presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint software. Specific skills include create, format, and customize presentation options and views, modify slide, handout, and note masters, configure presentations to print and save, prepare presentations for collaboration, and configure and present slideshows. (PG1, PG2, GE5)
1. Manage slides in Microsoft PowerPoint software. Specific skills include insert, modify, order, and group slides. (PG1,
2. Insert and format text, shapes and slide images using Microsoft PowerPoint software. Specific skills include insert and format text, shapes and text boxes, images, graphic elements, insert links, and order and group objects. (PG1, PG2)
3. Insert tables, charts, SmartArt, and 3D models, and media using Microsoft PowerPoint software. Specific skills include insert and format tables, insert and modify SmartArt, charts, and 3D models, insert and manage media. (PG1, PG2)
4. Apply transitions and animations using Microsoft PowerPoint software. Specific skills include apply and configure transitions, animate slide content, and set timing for transitions and animations. (PG1, PG2)
5. Apply cloud computing concepts and manipulate cloud applications to create and share information. (PG1, PG2, PG4)
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)