COL 100 - Navigating College
Number of Credits: 1
Navigating College, introduces college student skills (study strategies, time management, and interpersonal communication), attitudes, and behaviors that promote academic success. Students develop an academic plan to guide their progress at Carroll Community College through graduation and transfer. Campus resources and activities will also be explored. Prerequisite: placement into ENG-001 or higher. Two hours lecture each week for seven weeks. One credit. One billable hour.
One hour lecture One Credit. One billable hour.
Pre-requisite(s): placement into ENG 001 or higher.
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply effective time management strategies
- Create a comprehensive academic plan that guides course selection for their current degree path
- Reflect on the value of getting involved in student activities on campus
- Explain the benefits of campus resources that support academic success
- Compose professional emails to professors
- Identify appropriate study strategies for their learning style
- Apply the principles of developing positive relationships.
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)