Aug 19, 2022
BUAD 270 - Portfolio and Career Capstone
Number of Credits: 2
Develop and present a collection of professional documents, including a resume and cover letter, specifically geared toward further education and careers in the business and accounting fields. Establish career and educational goals; explore employment and transfer-college options; produce a professional social media profile. Participate in career workshops and events. This course should be completed during the final semester before graduation or after 30 credit hours. (Spring Term Only) two hours lecture. Two Credits. Two billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): exemption/completion of CIS 101 .
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Implement employment research methods. (PG1, GE4, GE5)
2. Develop a professional social media profile. (PG1, GE1, GE5)
3. Prepare a professional cover letter, updated resume, and
reference summary for a professional ePortfolio. (PG1, GE1, GE5)
4. Research potential transfer colleges, degrees, licenses,
certifications, academic honors, and professional memberships.
(PG5, GE1, GE5)
5. Participate in workshops related to career preparation and
networking. (PG1, GE1)
6. Demonstrate professional etiquette in the workplace. (GE7)
7. Examine professional standards for oral and written
communication. (PG1, GE1)
8. Develop techniques to work effectively in teams. (PG1, GE1)
9. Identify methods of inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
10. Use technology tools to collaborate, communicate, and create
professional documents and multimedia. (PG1, PG5, GE1)
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)