May 30, 2024  
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog 
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Arts and Sciences, Dental Hygiene Transfer Recommendation, A.A.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study

Advisor: Melanie Dunn · Phone: 410-386-8425 · Email:

Director of Recruitment and Advising (UMD): Lisa Bress · Email:

The Arts and Sciences Dental Hygiene transfer recommendation offers students preparation to apply to the Dental Hygiene Program at the University of Maryland Dental School in Baltimore. Admission to the University program is competitive. Students should contact an advisor for additional transfer options.

All courses must be completed by the end of the spring term prior to the fall the student intends to begin the University of Maryland Baltimore Dental Hygiene program.

Degree Requirements

Associate of Arts, Arts and Sciences, Degree
Recommended Transfer Electives/Course Sequence: 60 Credits*

Student Notices

*The above recommendation totals 63 credits. Only 60 credits are required for an A.A. in Arts and Sciences.

The Carroll degree will be an Associate of Arts in Arts and Sciences (Dental Hygiene does not appear on the transcript).

Diversity requirement: take ENGL 102  and SOC 101  to complete the Diversity General Education requirement.

Disclosure Regarding Programs for Professional Licensure or Certification

Some programs at Carroll Community College (CCC) are designed to meet educational requirements for a specific professional licensure or certification that is required for employment in an occupation.

If you are an out-of-state student seeking professional licensure in a state other than Maryland and you are taking a course or program leading to professional licensure or certification, CCC currently does not guarantee that the course or program meets requirements for professional licensure or certification anywhere other than Maryland. We encourage all students, especially out-of-state students, to contact the appropriate state (or District of Columbia or U.S. territory) licensing board or agency where you intend to work to familiarize yourself with the state educational, licensing, and/or certification requirements.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Programs of Study