ACCT 275 - Quickbooks Online
Number of Credits: 4
Quickbooks Online is designed to prepare students in computerized accounting for online business. Using QuickBooks® Online accounting software, students manage QuickBooks setup and maintenance, manage lists, track sales and income, track purchases and expenses, create and customize reports, customize tools, save time using devices and software, and complete the payroll process. This course prepares students to complete the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Online certification exam, which is completed as the final exam. Certification is not guaranteed. An additional $105 fee is required. It is recommended that students possess basic technology skills to be successful in this course. (Spring Term Only) Four hours lecture each week. Four Credits. Four billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): ACCT 101 .
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform setup and maintenance of QuickBooks Online including how to navigate, set up user accounts and access rights, and edit basic company elements. (General Education Goals 2, 4, CCB Program Goals 2, 4)
- Manage lists including: customer, chart of accounts, and products and services. (General Education Goals 4, CCB Program Goals 2, 4)
- Perform sales and receivables transactions. (General Education Goals 2, 4, CCB Program Goals 2, 4)
- Enter and edit payable and purchase transactions. (General Education Goals 3, 4, CCB Program Goals 2,4)
- Perform general accounting and end-of-period accounting procedures. (General Education Goals 2, 3, 4, CCB Program Goals 1, 2, 4, 5)
- Prepare, print, customize, export, and email reports. (General Education Goal 4, CCB Program Goals 2 4)
- Customize invoices, recurring transactions, and forms. (General Education Goals 2, 3, 4, CCB Program Goals 2, 4, 5)
- Engage in time saving benefits including: use with smartphones, connecting apps, integrating data with multiple operating systems, and backing up data. (General Education Goal 4, CCB Program Goal 4)
- Perform payroll functions in QuickBooks Online. (General Education Goals 2, 4, 5, CCB Program Goals 2, 3, 4)
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)