MAT 091 - Pre-Algebra
Number of Credits: 0
Pre-Algebra reviews operations with fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, percentages, operations with rational numbers, order of operations, evaluation of variable expressions, and solution of linear equations. (Fall & Spring Only) Four hours lecture each week. Zero credits. Four billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): satisfactory score on placement exam, and placement into ENG 001 or higher.
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide integers, fractions and decimals. (GE3,PG1,PG2)
- Evaluate expressions containing exponents. (GE3,PG1,PG2)
- Use the order of operations to simplify and evaluate algebra expressions. (GE3,PG1,PG2)
- Solve linear equations in one variable that contain integers, fractions, and decimals. (GE3,PG1,PG2)
- Convert between fractions, decimals, and percents. (GE3,PG1,PG2)
- Translate words into mathematical equations and solve. (GE2, GE3,PG1,PG2,PG3)
- Apply perimeter and area formulas to solve problems. (GE2, GE3,PG1,PG2,PG3)
- Use percents, ratios, rates, and proportions to solve problems. (GE2,GE3,PG1,PG2,PG3)
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)