STEM 101 - STEM Scholars’ Professional Development
Number of Credits: 0.5
Explore aspects of professional growth and career advancement in the STEM fields. Practice resume development; scholarship, transfer, and internship application processes; and professional presentation skills. Prerequisite: acceptance to the STEM Scholars Program. One hour lecture every two weeks. 0.5 credit. 0.5 billable hours. Offered Fall term only.
(Fall Term Only) One hour lecture each week. One half Credit. One-half billable hour.
Pre-requisite(s): acceptance to the STEM Scholar Program.
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
STEM: The purpose of this course is to provide you with self-knowledge and skills essential to making informed career decisions as well as developing as a STEM professional.
1. Practice professional standards of identified professional
communication and behaviors
2. Create an initial professional brand and supporting documents
3. Present a topic using professional standards
4. Establish academic and transfer plans
5. Explore a STEM research topic
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)