Mar 31, 2023
MAT 015 - Foundations for Statistics
Number of Credits: 0
Translate, solve, and graph linear equations; simplify radical expressions; apply order of operations; review percent; translate scientific notation; round decimals to a specific place value. Examine foundational statistical information including calculating measures of center and reading, creating, and interpreting frequency distribution tables, box and whisker plots, histograms, and ogives. (Winter Term Only) Two hours lecture each week. Zero Credits. Two billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): Admission to the PELT program and ALEKS PPL score of 14-29 is required. Exemption/concurrent enrollment in ENG 001
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Round decimals to a specific place value.
- Apply order of operations to expressions
- Convert between scientific notation and standard form.
- Calculate measures of center.
- Read and interpret graphs.
- Create box-and-whisker plots, histograms, and ogives.
- Apply basic percent properties.
- Simplify basic radical expressions.
- Solve for a specified variable.
- Translate, solve, and graph linear equations.
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)