Mar 30, 2023
SUAS 102 - Drone Technology 2
Number of Credits: 3
Examine how to fly a variety of professional level drones, pre-flight planning, advanced drone maneuvering, and image/data collection and manipulation. Capture aerial photos, apply basics of video and photo editing, and use software packages to create maps and 3D models. Additional $800 fee required. (Fall & Spring Only) Three hours lecture each week. Three Credits. Three billable hours.
Pre-requisite(s): SUAS 101 and FAA Remote Pilot Certificate/Part-107 License plus a minimum of 20 hours documented flight time (instructor will request a copy of your log book during preview week)
Foundations of Aerial Photo and Video
Foundations of Aerial Data
Course Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create an advanced flight plan and pre-flight checklist (PG1, PG2, PG3, PG5).
- Complete various flying scenarios including obstacle-based maneuvers, flight patterns, panning, and pre-loaded flight paths using SUAS (PG1, PG2, PG3).
- Select the best flying practices for aerial photography, videography, and technical data capture(PG1, PG2, PG4).
- Capture image-based content for creative and technical post-processing applications (PG1, PG4).
- Manipulate image-based content (PG3, PG4).
- Utlilize sUAS software to capture accurate data imagery (PG1, PG3, PG4).
- Generate 3D maps within software to extrapolate measurement data such as area, volume and distance (PG4).
Add to Personal Bookmarks (opens a new window)